Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Spring Watch

I see Spring Watch is back on the telly - this time without that twit Bill Oddie. Our garden is beginning to look like Spring sprang weeks ago. The blackbirds have fledged and we've even eaten al fresco this week.

There's not much gone on in the garden apart from keeping it weeded and tidy in the last few weeks. That is not to say that the vegetables haven't been working hard.

The potatoes are like triffids and the first earlies are just beginning to flower. We can look forward to eating them in a few weeks I hope.



The other crop that is flowering is the broad beans. These had an uncertain start but they are now looking beautiful. The flower, tiny as it is , is intricately gorgeous. White with a dark pattern. Really nice.


The peas are sort of a favourite. After a disastrous 100% failure, this line was planted late March I think. I didn't hold out much hope but they've come on great.


And the garden as a whole is looking just fantastic - although the sunshine does help

No comments:

Post a Comment